Throughout the winter quarter, I have learned a good amount writing, rhetoric, and my personal writing as well. Although I did take a rhetoric course in high school that had a lot of overlap, there were still many things I learned that I had not already known from my previous course. During this class I learned a lot more about rhetoric appeals and how they can be used effectively in different kinds of papers, whether it be a persuasive, research, or even a narrative paper. I think that now that I have a broader knowledge of rheoric and the ways it can be used successfully, I will be a better writer in general for future classes.
I also thought that the peer review activities in this class were very useful methods for revising a paper. Not only did I get feedback from my professor, but from a student as well. This was very helpful when going back to do revisions on a work in progress. Not only did I gain from this but I also learned how to review better and to look for more important things than just punctuation and grammar. I think I will be able to be a more helpful editor in the future.
Overall, although the class overlapped for me sometimes, and was a decent amount of work, it taught me useful things that I can take with me all throughout college.
Monday, March 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment